BP 2013 Campus Recruitment
Engineering-Chemical Engineering and Process
Job Title: Process Optimization Engineer
Category: Engineering – Chemical Engineering and Process
BU: A&A – Aromatics Asia
Working Location: Zhuhai, China
BPZ joint venture (BP 85%, Zhuhai Port 15%), based in Zhuhai, Guangdong, China, manufactures and markets Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA). BPZ produces high quality PTA for the China market and uses BP’s the advanced X technology in PTA industry. The plant is the most advanced of its kind in China.
BPZ’s HSE goals are “no accidents, no harm to people and no damage the environment”. There is a strong focus on developing staff HSE capability and competencies within the JV. BP’s HSE management practices and standards have been adopted by BPZ. The JV continues to develop a positive HSE culture, which focuses on promoting “every individual taking responsibility for safety at work”.
BPZ consistently delivers a strong financial performance and has been profitable since its first full year of operation. The challenge ahead it to continue the development of BPZ as the lowest cost to supply PTA plant in China and making it one of the most competitively advantaged PTA sites in the world. BPZ is building its 3rd manufacturing facility and plan to start up in 2014.
1. To develop Plant Optimization skills through Engineering Applications:
- To develop, design and implement improved process/ control strategies and innovative process optimization programs/methods to maximize plant efficiency and profits from short/long term perspective;
- To set up state models or special engineering tools/software to perform plant optimization and/or engineering calculations;
- Identify and promote options for major process development/improvements consistent with business strategies;
- Provide full range of process engineering expertise/support to major plant modification capital projects through all its CVP stages; the responsibilities may include developing conceptual/ basic process package, providing detailed economic justifications and facilitating peer reviews.
2. To lead trouble-shooting of Plant Problems:
- Continuously optimize process conditions to maximize plant benefits, such as maximizing product volume and reducing consumptions thus variable costs;
- To lead in investigation of plant process interruptions and drive for identification and removal of root causes;
- To investigate complex plant problems or potential business loss and develop/propose procedures and process modifications to address/solve such problems.
3. Technical expertise and support:
- To provide advice on process engineering both internally and externally (within BP);
- To support and assist peer engineers to improve plant operating results.
- To introduce new and innovative processes/methods to improve plant results.
4. To drive for HSE performance and continuous improvement:
- To actively lead/participate in process safety and HAZOP reviews;
- Following HSSE & O&S guidelines to review and develop safety related process/operation to meet group standards;
- To report any unsafe condition, potential environmental problem, any opportunities and propose recommendation based on his/her knowledge, experience and lesson learnt.
- To coordinate with other groups within BPZ and provide expertise/support to drive and ensure implementation of process improvement activities;
- To network widely within and outside of BPZ to transfer best practices.
1. Bachelor and above degree in Chemical engineering and process, or equivalent discipline;
2. Good understanding/knowledge and intern working experience of chemical engineering processing;
3. Outstanding process engineering knowledge and skill.
Ability to look ahead and plan on long-term needs;
Respect for and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
Strong planning skill;
Ability to communicate effectively in English and mandarin;
Open mindedness and willing to learn/teach and show initiatives for self improvement.
邮件主题：学校+姓名+专业+职位，如XX大学+王小小+化学工程+ Process Optimization Engineer