Geology is a program that studies material compositions, internal structure, and external features of the earth, mutual interactions between earths and the history of the evolution of earth. China University of Petroleum has undertaken several high-level scientific research programs and has sufficient funds to enable students of this major conduct excellent research under the guidance of renowned academicians and professors.
Core Courses：Sedimentology, Sequence Stratigraphy, Petroleum Reservoir Geology
Teaching Languages：Chinese, English
Tuition：29000 RMB/year (Chinese taught) 31000 RMB/Year (English taught)
Course Start Date：September
Course Duration：Three Years
Application Deadline：May 30th
Sedimentology and Palaeogeography
Petrology and Reservoir GeologySequence Stratigraphy and Logging GeologyOrganic GeochemistryRegional Structure and Basin AnalysisOil Region Structural AnalysisFossil Energy Formation and Enrichment MechanismPalaeontology and Stratigraphy
1. Not a citizen of The Peoples Republic of China， in good health and have No Criminal Record.
3. Chinese taught programs: HSK 5 (180 or above)
English taught programs: IELTS≧6.5 or TOEFL≧80 points or TOEFL Essentials≥9, (DI Code: C806) for non native speakers of English.
A certificate which can prove you have been taught in English during your previous study for more than two years is also acceptable.
1. Scanned copies of all China visa pages and China entry and exit record pages
2. Notarized copies of your Highest level Degree certificates and transcripts
3. Soft copy of passport photo with white background, photo size 480x720, JPG format
4. Non criminal record
5. Physical Examination Form (With all laboratory and X-ray reports) taken not more than six months prior to admission
6. Study plan (Proposal) &CV
7. 2 Recommendation letters (From an associate professor and above, Or Senior Professional in your field of study for postgraduate students)
8. Acceptance letter from your supervisor (Advisable for MSc students)
9. HSK or IELTS/TOEFL